Support the Poznan Project

How to support the Poznan Project

To best facilitate genealogical research for as wide an audience as possible, we make these transcriptions available at no charge. An undertaking of this magnitude does entail costs however. We ask you to consider supporting this project with a voluntary financial contribution. Your support will not only serve to advance the completion of this project, but will help to sustain its long term availability to the genealogical community.

In particular, if the Poznan Marriage Project has benefitted your genealogical research with a new discovery, a voluntary financial contribution would be a thoughtful and much appreciated way of saying "thanks" for the hard work and long hours we have dedicated to this effort.

The Project coordinator will be happy to consult and assist the family research of the contributors and donators, related to the Poznan/Posen area, or whenever possible, send them scans with records pertaining to their ancestors, that have been identified through our database.

Donations to help support the Poznan Marriage Indexing Project may be sent to Lukasz Bielecki via a direct PayPal link.
(Important: please type a "donation for the Poznan Project" message at the very bottom of the Send Money form! Please do not make additional remarks and send me a separate email with details instead). Other possible payment methods should be discussed directly with Lukasz.

Of course, adding to the database would be most welcome as well. If you want to transcribe marriage records from a parish (in particular one that you research anyway), or have any other good idea how to help, please contact the coordinator. The full task would involve ordering microfilms at your local LDS Family History Center, going there and transcribing the records, possibly typing them into your laptop (download the sample Excel file. You might also get images from a microfilm scanned and burnt onto a DVD (it is possible at some LDS sites) and type the records at home or pass the DVD to somebody with no access to a Family History Center.